To sum it up, beard oil makes your beard smell, look, and feel better. Beard oil isn't just for long beards, it is recommended for all the hair on your face, whether its groomed and well kept, or you have an epic lumberjack beard.
To understand the benefits of beard oil, it’s important to first understand the cause of the most common beard ailments. Your skin naturally produces a substance called sebum. Sebum is secreted from your sebaceous glands through your hair follicles and sits on the surface of your skin to maintain optimal skin health. It does this by:
- Preventing your skin from losing too much water
- Keeping too much water from entering your skin
- Protecting against bacterial and fungal infections
- Maintaining the skin’s optimal pH balance
- Washing the skin with soap
- Dry weather
- Poor diet and/or water consumption
- The wicking away of sebum by hair
- Your skin dries out from a lack of sebum. Flakiness, itchiness, and irritated skin result from the unprotected skin.
- Your skin compensates for the lack of sebum by creating more sebum. The skin becomes excessively oily, leading to clogged pores and acne.
So how does beard oil help? In essence, beard oil mimics your skin’s sebum to maintain optimal skin health. An effective beard oil contains a mixture of natural oils that replenish and protect the skin underneath your beard to stave off common beard ailments like dryness, flakiness, itchiness, and acne. Beard oil also conditions hair, making your beard softer, shinier, and more manageable. Just a few drops applied daily will revitalize and rehydrate your beard for softer, more manageable hair. Regular use will soothe the skin beneath the beard and hydrate your hair without any oily residue. DR has taken into account the average man's beard needs while working to develop a premium and effective product.
DR's Premium Beard Oil penetrates deep down and moisturizes the hair and the skin under the beard. It helps soften the hair which can help reduce the itchy feeling. Conditioning the hair is essential for healthy beard growth. Our oil is a well-balanced product, with moisturizing, clarifying and healing properties.